Am 07/13/2014 09:06 PM, schrieb Emanuele:
Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 07/12/2014 03:27 PM, schrieb Emanuele:
As asked by Kay, here it is a new thread.

Unfortunately I didn't have much time to volunteer to this (and I'm not
sure in the next period either.

ah, too bad. :-(

Well, I'll try to do something, but sure what. ;)

For example, another thing I was considering is the separation of the
menu and the breadcrumbs with a menu fixed-top and the breadcrumbs where
the are now:
http://testing.elkarte.it/testing/ooo/index_fix.html

Fixed-top is already good. To get the height of the header reduced and
also fixed would be great.

hmm... I personally don't like too much very tall fixed headers, they
tend to take up a lot of vertical space.

of course, I don't meant to fix the current header. First try to reduce its height (row for breadcrumb, space between breadcrum and carousel, top menu, etc. Then if it's still too high fix just some upper parts.

Of course our logo has to be put somewhere

The logo could go in the fixed menu for example, on the left, though in

Yes, a fixed logo would be very visible.

that case, I'd reduce the number of entries of the menu itself because
at certain resolutions (from 800px wide up to 1024 and maybe something
more depending on the size of the logo) the menu would go on two lines,
and it doesn't really look good IMO.

Hm, I don't see a 2-line menu but the nice hamburger icon at top right that is known from mobile devices. That looks good.

Do you know the "Web Developer" add-on for Firefox? I've discovered that it shows the layout in specific screen resolutions (from 320x480 to 1024x768) for different phone anf tablet devices.

Every small resolution has just a horizontal scrollbar and no vertical one.

With all resolutions your webpage looks already very well. :-)

Mixing the two, what about some "moving stuff around" while scrolling?
http://testing.elkarte.it/ooo/index_scroll.html

It's getting better and better with every update. :-)

Thanks for this.

Are the css "compiled" somehow as well, or are they in the home.css,
ooo.css, etc. files?

No, they are plain and will be just applied to the webpage.

Okay, well, in my example I collected the bits from the various places
into a single file (it's just about 400 lines, so not much to deal
with), since most of them were not necessary.

It seems I'm getting the grasp of how the website works, now I have just
to understand how to enable SSI on my localhost.
/me goes read some documentation on the matter... or at least some examples.

Marcus