On 07/30/2014 05:11 AM, Lisazbs wrote:

> I did mention this suggestion in an email to WCVB and to CBS  just
> previous to this your email and let them know I was considering
> passing this suggestion along to you.  I decide now to only send this
> suggestion along to you and not to the other giants in the software
> industry, respectively.
>

> I wish there was a digital spell checker with an optional dictionary
> and thesaurus as well within any PC program with a word processor
> attached.
>

> I am sending this suggestion along to open office dot org, as a way
> of contributing to their open source program, even though I am
> grateful to the giants in the software and hardware industry as well,
> respectively.
>

> Thank you for Open Office, in making it easier for me to type a large
> document, format it, and put it into an email program.
>
> Very truly yours,
>
> Lisa J Zarbolias 40 Locke Street Unit 420 Haverhill, MA 01830
> lisazb...@yahoo.com

Hello Lisa --

And thank you for your interesting suggestion. On searching I actually
found some products that claim to do exactly what you suggest -- at
least for some operating systems I would think.

Currently, Apache OpenOffice relies on volunteers to maintain our
dictionary/thesaurus addons/extensions and we have no plans to develop a
stand alone dictionary/thesaurus program.