Using the CMS to edit the OpenOffice sites becomes quickly painful.

A few months ago, remembering an ancient message from Ariel, I gave publish.pl a try but it constantly fails for me with this message:
$ perl publish.pl ooo-site pescetti
LDAP User (^D aborts): pescetti
LDAP Password for 'pescetti' (^D aborts):
Client API Version: 1.10
View unified diff of changes (y/n)? y
OK to poll build (y/n)? y
Build complete: status=success.
Bad GET response: 500 only SSL_ca_path or SSL_ca_file should be given

It's hard for me to detect whether the publication still succeeds, since with CMS problems, caching and other people publishing their changes I cannot rule out that the problem is somewhere else. But still I'm curious to know if others are successfully publishing through publish.pl.

Thanks,
  Andrea.