On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 07:14:36PM +0200, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Using the CMS to edit the OpenOffice sites becomes quickly painful.
>
> A few months ago, remembering an ancient message from Ariel, I gave
> publish.pl a try but it constantly fails for me with this message:
> $ perl publish.pl ooo-site pescetti
> LDAP User (^D aborts): pescetti
> LDAP Password for 'pescetti' (^D aborts):
> Client API Version: 1.10
> View unified diff of changes (y/n)? y
> OK to poll build (y/n)? y
> Build complete: status=success.
> Bad GET response: 500 only SSL_ca_path or SSL_ca_file should be given

I get the same error on Fedora 20, something is wrong with the logic
that sets both $ca_file and $ca_path in publish.pl, but as you can read
in line 34, there is an environment variable to get rid of it:

[ariel@localhost webgui]$ export IGNORE_CERT=1
[ariel@localhost webgui]$ perl publish.pl ooo-site arielch
LDAP User (^D aborts): arielch
LDAP Password for 'arielch' (^D aborts):
Client API Version: 1.10
View unified diff of changes (y/n)? n
OK to poll build (y/n)? y
Build complete: status=success.
Log message (^D to end message):
OK to continue (y/n)? y
Awaiting server response to publication request...
200 OK
Committed revision 920327.

If you are in people.apache.org, it works out of the box.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina