On 02/09/2014 stephen wrote:
Please can you solve this catch 22 event.
I have registered on openoffice.org, but have lost my username and
password. ...
Without ths access I cannot place a bug report, and cannot enter a
question in the support forums

You are mentioning three different websites:
- The main site http://www.openoffice.org ; years ago users could register there, but this has now been discontinued - Bugzilla https://issues.apache.org/ooo/ for reporting bugs; you can create an account there to post bugs, and you can request a new password if you have an active account there. - Forum https://forum.openoffice.org/ for discussing with other users; you may want to start from that one and then report bugs in Bugzilla; you can create an account or request a new password.

It seems the lost password option needs to be changed to have just the
email address.

If the above is not clear, please send the exact link to the web page where you see the issue. We have many websites and it's difficult for us to help unless we have the exact link.

Regards,
  Andrea.