On 21/10/14 18:00, Mateusz Zasuwik wrote:
> For instance, here:
>
>> In other words, for some reason, development of OpenOffice has all but
> stalled, while LibreOffice remains an active project.
>
> Much of OpenOffice's recent decline may be due to IBM's withdrawal from the
> project. OpenOffice 4.1.1. An anonymous informant alleges -- and web
> searches appear to confirm -- that IBM did nothing to publicize OpenOffice
> 4.1.1 when it was released on August 21, and that, since then, IBM
> developers have disappeared from the OpenOffice mailing lists.

well I see still IBM developers here on the list frequently but of
course less. It is simply because we do less but it does not mean
anything else.

But the question is of course more why does it matter. If we do to much
people say we control the project,if do to less people say OpenOffice is
dead. Really strange and people should think about Apache and how Apache
works. It is potentially a harder time for OpenOffice if we do less but
it is up to the community to keep the project alive together with us.
Nobody should rely on our resources and expect that we will do it.

OpenOffice is and remains a powerful brand even if the projects runs
slower. Important is the quality and if it solves the daily tasks of our
users.

Juergen