jan i wrote:
On 12 November 2014 15:38, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
It's sometimes very interesting and there are some more numbers

Mailing list numbers are very good. The announce list, if I recall correctly, used to have ~8000 subscribers, so this would be a 40-50% increment. Also, mailing list numbers show that when we write here we write to a much larger audience than the regular posters.

Website numbers are different. Good traffic, but all of it is quite focused (3 pages, 2 minutes, few recurring visitors in percentage). This can probably be explained by the fact that website visitors are mostly people who download or update OpenOffice and are not planning to get involved (on the other side, active volunteers will often use other resources). Still, it's a potential that we can exploit.

More numbers are coming next week as promised... But in general they reinforce the idea that Apache OpenOffice is now a mature project with good internal dynamics (even though I still see many fields where we need help and mentoring) and that this is a good moment to change pace and perspective, and use our full potential. More in one week at ApacheCon.

apacheCON is in less than a week away, tuesday will have a official AOO
meeting for everybody (except timewasters according to some)

Occasions for a meeting are rare. It's important that we use this time at best. And that we come out with some great ideas and with motivated people willing to implement them with respect and backing from the community (and the PMC if you wish, but I find it sterile to distinguish between the two: OpenOffice is not the playground of the PMC, it is a community project for everybody to enjoy).

I personally look forward to that meeting.

Me too! I'm looking forward to an exciting, productive discussion and, if we need time, to a long night...

Regards,
  Andrea.