-- replying to --
From: Marcus [mailto:marcus.m...@wtnet.de]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 14:36
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] "No Suitable JRE" Message

Am 12/18/2014 03:01 AM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
>      "Some OpenOffice operations use Java Runtime (JRE).
>       A suitable JRE is unavailable. For details
>       http://openoffice.org/java.html";
>
> I am proposing this to avoid the various cases that arise, not just the
> 32-bit on x64 Windows case.  It would be great to look at how this wording
> works for non-native English speakers and also how easily it is translated
> for localization.
>
> Any simpler way to say this?

what is the differnce to the discussion a few days ago? I cannot see it.

There we wanted first to solve the insufficient information about found
JREs (suggestion from Andreas Saeger) and then maybe any remaining help
data in dialog boxes.

<orcnote>
    Oh, sorry.
    This is the proposed text for the English dialog box about
    not finding an usable JRE.

    Once we are agreed on the dialog, the java.html page can
    be organized to support that message.  Kay has made one
    change to the page but more is needed in line with
    comments made by Andreas, Andrea, and others.

    There is also the task of finding where the message text
    Is and also arranging its internationalization.  I haven't
    been looking into that.  Are you or someone else?
</orcnote>