Am 12/21/2014 11:20 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
Thanks for the comments so far on this thread.

I want to make one wording change, to using

     "Some OpenOffice operations use Java Runtime (JRE).
      A suitable JRE is not installed. For details
      http://openoffice.org/java.html";

The statement "unavailable" is too broad.  All that is known is one is not
installed on the configuration where the message is produced.

  - Dennis

PS: Has anyone found where the resource is in the code base?  Maybe the Pootle
folks know?

I hope so. See my mail "Re: Java 32" from Dec, 10th.

Marcus

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamil...@acm.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 18:02
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] "No Suitable JRE" Message

     "Some OpenOffice operations use Java Runtime (JRE).
      A suitable JRE is unavailable. For details
      http://openoffice.org/java.html";

I am proposing this to avoid the various cases that arise, not just the 32-bit
on x64 Windows case.  It would be great to look at how this wording works for
non-native English speakers and also how easily it is translated for
localization.

Any simpler way to say this?

  - Dennis