I've been the OpenOffice Project Chair for two years, since late 2012. While the term is not strictly set, big Apache projects usually rotate their Chair every 1-2 years, and OpenOffice should do the same.

So we should look at finding a new project Chair in January, and at transitioning from me to the new Chair at the first Board meeting. This is a normal transition and I'd like that we make it as smooth as possible: I'll stay as a Chair until a new one has been chosen. Stay tuned for more information: I'll share a schedule tomorrow.

Of course, I plan to maintain my current level of activity in the project, and to continue as an OpenOffice committer and PMC member. It is simply correct to rotate this (mostly administrative) role within the group.

Regards,
  Andrea.