On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 12:40:15 -0800
"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:

> Help us understand your situation more closely so that someone might
> volunteer a solution.
>
>  1. Tell us about your existing computer.
>     What version of operating system does it have?  If Windows, what version
> - 95, XP, 7, ?
>     What version of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel does it have?
>     Is it files on this computers that you want to move to the new one?
>

>  2. Tell us about the new computer.
>     What version of operating system does it have?  Linux, Windows, something
> else?
>     What version of OpenOffice does it have?
>     Are you wanting to use files from the old computer on the new computer?
>     Are you wanting to produce Word and Excel format using OpenOffice and
> learn the ways to do that?
>     What files from the existing computer were you not able to open using
> OpenOffice on the new one?
>
>  - Dennis
>
> PS: Please reply to the dev @ openoffice.apache.org list.  Direct personal
> requests will be ignored.

@endadreynolds: For your information Apache http server is a different product
to Apache OpenOffice; these are both products under the auspices of the Apache
Software Foundation <www.apache.org>, which oversees more than 150 major
software products. Apache OpenOffice is an Office suite, comprising
wordprocessor, spreadsheet, presentation application and other useful utilities.

Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>