Am 01/06/2015 07:33 PM, schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
On 01/01/2015 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Let's take several days, until 10 January, to receive nominations (or
self-nominations) for the next PMC Chair. Just reply to this e-mail with
nominations.

1) Whether he/she is available to run for election; the term is not set,
but I expect an availability to stay in the role for at least one year.

2) Where his/her efforts will primarily be directed.

3) Regardless of whether one is running or not (and regardless of
whether one is elected or not), it might be that some of the candidates
wish to take responsibility for a certain area. This can be very good,
since the project is huge and the Chair might miss some details. For
example, Hagar often updates the draft quarterly report with information
about the Forum (figures, issues...). If the Chair knows that someone
commits to follow a certain area closely and to help in reporting, then
reporting becomes a team work and can be much better than what we have
done so far.

The 6 nominees so far are, in alphabetical order:
- jani Jan Iversen
- jsc Jürgen Schmidt
- kschenk Kay Schenk
- louis Louis Suarez-Potts
- marcus Marcus Lange
- robweir Rob Weir

I'm hereby asking each of them (and any future nominees) to provide
their statement by 10 January; those who already sent their statement
are free to expand upon it according to the above guidelines if they wish.

thanks a lot for your trust in me (especially @Michal for his initial suggestion). However, I don't feel to be the right person. Even when it's not that much work (in theory ;-) ) that the chair has to do, I cannot gurantee to have it when it is needed.

I have to work for my money and therefore I can only spend my spare time in the evening and weekend - and even then not always. I don't want that you have to wait for me to get the chair work done.

Of course, you can say "don't worry, just try it". But to resign after 3 months because it's really not working and then voting again for someone new would be IMHO a wrong message to the world.

Thanks

Marcus