On 01/18/2015 04:27 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 17/01/2015 Kay Schenk wrote:
>> It's true the two last nominees -- Jan and Louis -- did discuss their
>> views at length, but there was not really much discussion on the
>> selections from this list. Contrast this from the discussions that
>> preceded the nominations for the initial PMC chair --
>> http://markmail.org/message/fj3ih654amdw4fmg
>
> The issue was more lack of discussion than lack of time. We allocated
> much more time than we did in 2012 to each one of the phases
> (nominations, discussion, vote). Nobody can say that we didn't encourage
> participation. We didn't have a lot of participation, but there were no
> obstacles whatsoever to it.

Dennis alluded to the fact that we did not discuss this singular last
candidate --

http://markmail.org/message/4j35qhttrtpgj2ug

Looking at the nomination e-mails, in my opinion, it seems that opinions
on  the nominees was only explicitly discussed by the nominees
themselves. So no obstacles to discussion by the community, but no
invitation for discussion either.

I am probably seeming very disagreeable here. But perhaps the complete
process was not clear.