On 13 February 2015 at 13:13, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
wrote:

> Isn't having the mirror on GitHub an effective way to push changes to the
> SVN, especially for Apache committers who have project rights to the GitHub
> repo?  Non-committer pull requests are as complicated either way, it seems
> to me, and the GitHub mirror might be superior for that.

no it is not. You cannot push from github to either git or svn at apache.

Please be aware that I wrote git, not github. ASF has its own git server,
which is mandatory to use.

> I assume the proposal is do-able, but I wonder what kind of disruption
> cost there is for current work.

Well it is not only do-able, at the moment about half of all ASF projects
work that way. The disruption cost is an infra ticket, and about 3-4 hours
downtime.

We have today more git commits than svn commits.

rgds
jan i.