On 2015-02-28 23:05, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Rob Weir wrote:
It could be
even more useful, of course, if hosted as an actual (read-only)
repository, to consult the history of the code base.

Isn't this part of Herbert's big git repo with the whole code history
that it was possible to reconstruct?

Yes, my git repository of the AOO/OOo history [1] also contains the import of the then available latest OOo-SVN repo. The old OOo project only used SVN from 2008 to 2009 and though the SVN repo had imported a few CVS branches the most interesting ones (e.g. all the CVS child-workspace branches where the actual development happened between 2003-2008) were dropped during that import and due to the way things were merged many interesting commit details were dropped too.

These interesting parts of the old OOo-CVS history were also recovered and put into my git repo. The 2009-2011 code history in Mercurial and the 2011-2014/01 AOO history are also included. For more details please see my last year's FOSDEM presentation [2].

[1] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/HistOOory_lastest.zip
[2] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/HistOOory_Presentation.pdf

If it's already there, nice; if not, ideally it should be merged with it.

It should already be there, but somebody please check it with some samples. For a more complete history the bit git repo should be updated with the latest AOO progress. And the mercurial import could be redone with hg-hash annotations enabled too.

Hope that helps,
Herbert