On 05/03/15 15:04, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:

>> On 05-03-2015, at 06:49, Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com> wrote:

>>> moderator

>>> of
>>>>

>>> Some of that discussion happened (partly wrongly) on private@
>>>
>>> Basically some of us (including myself) does not want to have our names
>>> published where it is not really needed or beneficial.
>>>

>> Obviously I wasn't party to the private discussion, but that seems an odd
>> decision in a community that's so transparent in its intent an
>> implementation. I suggest the lists of moderators be made available
>> somewhere because:
>>
>>   - The identities of the list moderators seem very hard to determine by
>>   any other means
>>   - This mode of contribution gets little enough recognition as it is, and
>>   the people contributing this way should be recognised.
>>
>> Since we have and owner@ to every list, there are no need to publish the
>>> individual names.
>>>

>> There is a private@ list but we still publish the names of the PMC
>> members...
>>
>> S.
>
> I agree with Simon.
>
> -louis

I agree that contributions should be recognized but moderator of mailing
lists is of course a low burner. Keeping the info up-to-date requires
more work and the benefit is really low.

If somebody want his name listed we can of course do that, I think it is
not important here and real contributors have their stage somewhere else.

But who knows finding 100 more moderator is potentially easier than
finding 100 new developers and we can shine with 100 new contributors.
If we have a limit per list I step back as moderator ;-)

Juergen (still smiling)