> Hi all,
> Comments inline.
>

> > On 03 Sep 15, at 16:24, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > As we discussed some weeks ago, the next ODF Plugfest will be held in
> The Hague, Netherlands, mid-September:
> > http://plugfest.opendocumentformat.org/2015-thehague/programme/
> >
> > There are three issues that require attention in a very short time.
> Deadline is 8 September when not otherwise specified.
> >
> > 1) Is anyone going in the end? We discussed this at length. I've never
> considered going since it overlaps with another event I'm scheduled to
> attend. Dennis and Roberto were both mentioned (and Dennis later clarified
> he is busy in the US). Of course if someone goes we can still discuss to
> allocate a budget from our events fund.

When I made plans to go I didn't know about much about my calendar of
business meetings. As of now I can't commit to that trip, unfortunately.

> The event somewhat overlaps with a personal engagement but that may be
> negotiable. It depends on how much subsidy we have to support this very
> late trip—of mine, I mean. I’d be coming from Toronto, Canada. A quick
> price check via Orbitz reveals that for a flight via the dodgy Air Transat
> the cost (R/T) would be about 740 USD. Include an Airbnb room—don’t know
> how much that would be but probably not that much, though still, for three
> days, at leasts 150 USD, and probably more. (I’m guessing the Hague is
> costly.) Besides Air Transat, the average price for airfare to AMS is about
> 1300 USD; to the Hague (Rotterdam) 500 USD more or so. I’m guessing a train
> trip from AMS is cheaper.
>
> I’ve been to several of these events, including, I think, the initiating
> one. I know ODF fairly well, was on the Oasis TCs, etc. (I quit them a
> couple of years ago.) The drawback for me going is I’m not developing ODF
> or for ODF and though I can certainly represent AOO’s continued interest in
> furthering usage of ODF, not to mention other Apache projects’ ODF work, to
> some extent I’ll be mostly competent at relaying speech.

I agree, and I think it would be important to give a speech about our
concerns around office formats' interoperability.
I believe we can still ask Michiel or Basil to accommodate a similar ask.

> > 2) I was contacted (for no special reason; I've never attended a
> Plugfest) by Basil Cousins of Openforum Europe, who gave me permission to
> forward his request here, about updating a leaflet for the next ODF
> Plugfest. The 2014 version is here:
> >
> http://openforumeurope.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/OFE-COIS-DFD-ODF-Open-Document-Principles-for-Government-Technology-March-2015.pdf
> > and there is also an infographic available at
> http://www.openforumeurope.org/library/odf-toolkit-2/
> > Can you please suggest content updates to this leaflet? Basil in is CC.
> We can discuss updates on this list and then one of us, ideally someone who
> attends the event, can send the final comments to Basil. The part needing
> more attention is the Applications Choices section on page 5.
>
> I can look at it, too. But others, here, can surely weigh in. I think we
> have talent to enhance this, no?
>

> > 3) For this leaflet they also ask for a contribution for printing. One
> can support printing the English version (addressed to UK government), the
> Dutch version (addressed to Dutch government) or both. The contribution is
> 100 GBP (so about 135 EUR or 150 USD) for each edition. If you feel it
> would be useful, I assume that the fund for events and merchandising could
> be used to support this. Please state if you propose that we allocate
> budget and, in case it's a yes, if you'd rather contribute to the English
> version or both versions.
>
> I think it would be money well spent.

Agree for the English version, as far as we can also enrich its content,
though.

Roberto