On 09/24/15 11:56, Don Lewis wrote:
On 24 Sep, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
Hi Andrea;

It did catch me somewhat off-guard that the release is not branched from
trunk. It basically means that some changes that have been in the tree
for over a year won't be included into the next release.

I don't really want to spend time merging changes to the 410 branch, but
I will be merging the basic build fixes for FreeBSD/clang.

I am still determining exactly what should be merged but it will
only affect FreeBSD build (bridges and makefiles) and are made to
diminish the maintenance costs for downstream FreeBSD (Hi Don!).

I've been meaning to bring up this subject since my name is mentioned in
the Buildbots category here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.2

Hmm ... Don has been helping a lot but he is not (yet?) a committer.
People shouldn't volunteer other people unless tey are also giving them
the means to contribute ... I think.

I am able to build a version of the FreeBSD port fromt the AOO410
branch, but it requires a fairly extensive set of patches.

It is a bunch of patches indeed but since I committed them in a rather
organized way it should not be difficult to merge them.

I will draw a list and be back.

Pedro.