Am 31.12.2015 um 19:53 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> On 12/31/2015 10:30 AM, Max Merbald wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> let me say a few words on this too:
>>
>> I have had the autosave option enabled for ages and I've never
>> experienced a problem I'd relate to this. In the contrary, it has helped
>> me a few times to retrieve a document I've had a problem with (such as
>> losing it for some reason or other. I think users will benefit from the
>> autosave being enabled by default.
>
> I also have autosave enabled, and have not experienced any problems with
> it personally.

Both of you work with ODF and export to foreign formats when necessary.

Bill M wrote:
>  The only change I made was to
> turn off the question about save in ODF format as I send it to other people
> in RTF or Microsoft DOC format.

Bill M uses OpenOffice as an editor for foreign file formats which is
the anti-feature that deserves to be disabled completely. All documents
should be edited in ODF. Always. When you save another version in
foreign file format, the current document should remain the ODF source.
Foreign files should be loaded read-only and saved as ODF before editing.

Another misconception is that too many users believe that the "backup"
feature of their office suite ensures a reasonable level of data safety.
In fact they never run any backup utility at all.

The term "backup" should be avoided alltogether in favour of "crash
recovery". Can we really assure that our crash recovery tool works with
all supported file formats including the foreign ones?