In line

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 16, 2016, at 10:22 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org> wrote:

I concur with the idea. That the saturation point has to do with overall
activity level. When the level of Contribution dropped after November 2014
technical debt accelerated. Compare the overall commit / bugzilla resolution
levels with number of contributors multiplied by the average size of the
contribution.

>> Is it possible to compare this information with other office suites?
> [orcmid]
>
> I don't know.  I haven't looked for such information and I am not aware of
> any form it might be available in.
>
> Considering how different projects can be, I am not certain what lessons
> might transfer from one to another.
>
> Do you envision how having such information would be helpful in assessing the
> effectiveness of this project's handling of reported issues and how that is
> reflected in improvements to the product?

An interesting comparison might include counting the the size of contributions
of those who are paid by their day job to work on the project. A count of
students and retirees would be interesting metrics as well.

Strict development comparisons are only fair to a point. For example the forums
are hosted by the ASF and the volunteers and community answer all questions
about any part of the OpenOffice / ODF ecosystem.

Regards,
Dave