Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
My reading of the bug report is that it is entirely about OS/2 and has nothing
to do with Windows.

Correct. That issue has nothing to do with the "famous" profile corruption bug. Simply, the so-called "Category B" modules were not built on OS/2 so the spell checker was not available there.

I suppose the only question is whether that created a regression on 4.1.2 on
any non-OS/2 platform.

No. All changes only affected the OS/2 portion of Makefiles. And, in any case, this is a different bug (you do not get a broken spellchecker due to profile corruption; you get no spellchecker at all).

Do we know if Yuri (or someone) merged those changes to the AOO410 branch
before AOO 4.1.2 was released?

Yes of course. All issues with "4.1.2 Release blocker: +" were merged into 4.1.2. Some cleanup might be needed, and OS/2 is special since Yuri had divided his work into many issues, but as a general rule this is correct.

So: there is a recurrent spellchecker bug, but it is not issue 125501, it is related with profile corruption and it has a dedicated issue in Bugzilla (which I can't look up at the moment, but definitely not this one).

Regards,
  Andrea.