On 3/27/2016 12:26 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
When we have three PMC members willing to commit to voting (at due time)
on the NetBeans plugin, this discussion will make sense. Otherwise we
are wasting our time.

I generally have at least one Windows box with Netbeans installed, so I should be able to participate.

That great,  You will need v. 8.1

Insufficient PMC members is a problem in its own right, but I don't think it changes the release policy at all.

One possible solution to consider in the long term to splitting out some of this type of thing from the OpenOffice project. As a separate project it would be much less scary, and might attract more developers, and PMC members, with the specific skills.
I think this particular plugin belongs here. Its sole purpose is to generate AOO extension code and is dependent on the UNO API's. As a separate project it doesn't have the necessary activity to stay at Apache nor does it require it as it is fairly mature for what it is intended for. However one could argue there is functionality that could be added. Bringing it back later if needed would be more difficult due to code IP issues.

I would agree my recent efforts on Gradle integration and Groovy UNO would be better candidates to spin-off. However if we ever add Apache Groovy as a macro language (hopefully my next endeavor) and want to include that in the code base and not as an extension, it would be dependent on an outside project instead of under our control.

Thanks,
Carl