Marcus:

Please add "Experienced lead technical writers" to the requested skills. See the "Is it time to shut down this effort?" thread.

On 7/22/2016 1:14 PM, Marcus wrote:
Am 07/22/2016 08:35 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
On 7/22/2016 11:05 AM, Marcus wrote:
Am 07/22/2016 07:45 PM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
I am trying to edit www.openoffice.org/download/ to add a box for
recruiting developers. It seems to be a rather complicated page, with
internationalization.

yes, to give the L10n groups the possibility to translate their
webpages. But only the strings. Everything else should be the same look
& feel. Therefore the heavy use of scripting.

The new box should probably follow conventions, but we really need
written English competence for AOO developers, because this mailing list
and a lot of the web pages are in English.

this is not mentioned in any way on the "get-involved.html" webpage.
Should we add this there also?

Of course no native speaker level is need. But somehow a level that
makes it not too difficult to communicate (mails, Bugzilla, source code
comments, etc.).

If anyone is familiar with how to edit it, and has time to help me,
please reply.

Maybe you have overlooked my previous answer on your "Attracting new
developers" thread. ;-) I'll look on the weekend for the necessary
updates.

I didn't interpret it as a commitment to do the changes, and I am in a
Just Do It mood this week. If you can do the changes, great.

The images etc. for an orange box are already there, are not currently
being used, and I think orange would be an appropriate color. I would
like to see it go fairly high up on the page, perhaps immediately above
the "share" box.

OK, I'll take this into account. Unfortunately, the orange icon is the
one for a download and not the share icon.

The key skills we need most urgently right now seem to be application
build tools and C++ programming. Anything else?

My technical additions need a bit more time but in the meantime here are
my text suggestions:

Box headline:
"Developers Needed"

Box text:
"Are you a software developer with C++ skills or have you deeper
knowledge about building software? Do you like to work in open source
projects and you are familar with the English language? Then come to us
and help Apache OpenOffice to grow."

Box mouse-over:
"The Apache OpenOffice project need software developers to grow its base"

Not perfect but a start - for discussion and improvement.

Marcus