[BCC to PMC]

[orcmid]

Good idea.  I see no reason not to follow that path.  This was my
thought-starter.

I was not intending an official policy statement.  It is a discussion request,
with some background information for perspective.  (Oh, I had to use orcmid@
a.o because of the BCC, since that's how I am on private@ though.  I see the
confusion I causes doing that.)

> (2) why is this cross posted to private and DEV? To do so implies that
> there is some other non-open discussion in parallel. You and I have run
> into unexpected results from this strange cross posting practice of
> yours (hi Simon)
[orcmid]

It was not cross-posted.  I intentionally did not do that.  The BCC was to
private@, just as I am doing now.  It was an easy way to provide a heads-up to
the PMC for a discussion to notice on dev@, since some don't siphon through all
of the dev@ material regularly.  It is not on dev@ as a cross-posting.

> (3) I think that working towards being able to release rather than patch
> as Patricia has suggested is our best way to solve the security issue.
> The quick patch is not much faster and has been proven to be more of a
> challenge then kick starting the broken build process.
[orcmid]

That would be interesting to determine.  Now that we have released a Hotfix, I
think we can get it done more quickly in the future, but it is certainly not as
good as simply offering the community a full update to install.

That is a different subject though.  It would be great to have that outcome.

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Sep 1, 2016, at 4:37 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Here is what a careful retirement of Apache OpenOffice could look
> like.
> >
> >              A. PERSPECTIVE
> >              B. WHAT RETIREMENT COULD LOOK LIKE
> >                 1. Code Base