[orcmid]

You're right Phil, it is not meant to be a tactical (or even strategic) move in
some sort of adversarial situation.

How else can we work through these difficulties, and understand our options as
a community?

Being a project of the Apache Software Foundation brings with it some rather
unique requirements for operation in the public interest and operating in the
open with our community, including the public that relies on Apache OpenOffice
software.

I don't know any way to accomplish that in a way that outsiders can't spin
however they like.  We need the engagement and many eyes and thoughts of our
community, as reflected here on dev@.

What alternative do you see?

> Phil
>

> This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM
>
> On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 7:37 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Here is what a careful retirement of Apache OpenOffice could look
> like.
> >
> >               A. PERSPECTIVE
> >               B. WHAT RETIREMENT COULD LOOK LIKE
> >                  1. Code Base