I looked at some of those services a few weeks ago. For the ones I
found, the relatively inexpensive options did not have the capability of
building software, let alone the capacity for build a substantial body
of software. The options with the capability and capacity would cost
more than a Mac Mini over a few months.

For example, for macincloud we would need the "Dedicated Server" plan
($49+) with added "Optional Build Server Plan". Even their maximum
upgrade of 250 GB would not be enough for AOO building.

I'm not being quite fair there. I keep multiple versions of AOO around, and can afford disk space. We might be able to make do with the basic 50 GB of disk space if managed the space more carefully.

The conclusion I reached was that if I were going to do any Mac
development it would take less of my time and energy to buy one of the
more powerful Macs and manage it directly.