On 9/1/2016 4:00 PM, Don Lewis wrote:
On  1 Sep, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
I need a problem to work on. Would you like me to take a particular
compiler warning and try to sort it out?

Here is one:

/wrkdirs/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-devel2/work/aoo-4.2.0/main/solver/420/unxfbsdx.pro/inc/osl/diagnose.hxx:65:25:
 warning: 'osl_detail_ObjectRegistry_getMutex' has C-linkage specified, but returns
user-defined type '::osl::Mutex &' which is incompatible with C
[-Wreturn-type-c-linkage]

In sal/inc/osl/diagnose.hxx,
  ::osl::Mutex & SAL_CALL osl_detail_ObjectRegistry_getMutex()
is declared inside an extern "C" block, so it should have C linkage, but
it is returning a reference, which is a C++ thing.

The obvious fix would seem to be to move it out of the extern "C" block,
but I don't know what to do about the SAL_THROW_EXTERN_C() part of the
declaration.

I have compiled and done some basic tests with the declaration simply moved out of the extern "C" block, and it did not appear to cause any problems. I'll look into SAL_THROW_EXTERN_C next.