Hello,

> From: Raphael Bircher [mailto:rbircherapa...@gmail.com]

> > Team OpenOffice was such a project. The participants were mainly
> > experienced OpenOffice developers from SUN Microsystems.
> I think, the real problem there was this text
> http://www.opensourceforbusiness.info/openoffice-org-droht-das-aus/

Yes you are absolutely right.

But I do not see any great difference to my links.

> The only restriction the ASF have is, that you can not
> collect money in
> the name of a project as a third party.

This is not the whole truth. Also as an Apache member, I can not collect
donations
for Apache OpenOffice and this is a very real problem, because almost nobody of
the OO used for Apache generally donate, for AOO concretely many would donate.

> And Apache itself
> does not found
> defelopment.

And that's imho bad. Where would the problem be if the users voluntarily donated
and OO with these donations further developed?

I can not see a reasonable reason why I, as a project member, are forced to act
separately when it comes to donations instead of within the project itself.
It would be better for me to act within the project, because any activity
outside
weakens, indirectly, the project as such.

> But you can collect money for Features or major bugfixes as a
> third party.

Yes we can. But I believe that this is a fragmentation of the forces and would
rather be done within the project.

Greetings,
Jörg