[orcmid]

Apache Projects all produce software free to the public.  Nothing more.  Coming
into the Incubator means operating under the Incubator PMC with an existing
*software* project that can stand on its feet better as part of Apache
Community.

I think it is appropriate to find the simplest thing that can possibly work.

I recommend following Raphael's recommendation.  If at least that can work,
then one has a foundation for something.