On 1/25/2017 9:35 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
Hi

For a while I've noticed how gbuild modules don't have debug symbols unless
built with the maximum debug level ("./configure --enable-debug" globally
or "build debug=true" per module) which also produces oceans of log
messages we usually don't want.

In r1780246, I've finally changed debugging in gbuild to match how dmake
works: --enable-symbols and --enable-crashdump now also add debug symbols
to gbuild modules like they do to dmake modules, and the
--enable-symbols=small option is also implemented for GCC and Clang (sorry
Windows developers, MSVC doesn't seem to have it). The only extra benefit
of --enable-debug on top of this now, is that it disables compiler
optimizations - should we disable them for --enable-symbols too?

In r1780248 I've also made Java's .class files get full debugging info
whenever C++ does.

This should vastly improve running AOO under a debugger, as we get nice
line numbers and variable names for absolutely everything :-).

I compiled with the attached configure parameters, and breakpoints are not working in main/sw/source/ui/app/docsh.cxx, "No symbols have been loaded for this document". What should I change?
SDK_PATH="/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.0"
./configure \
         --enable-dbgutil \
         --enable-symbols \
         --disable-strip-solver \
    --with-frame-home="$SDK_PATH" \
    --with-psdk-home="$SDK_PATH" \
    --with-midl-path="$SDK_PATH/bin" \
    --disable-directx \
    --with-ant-home="/cygdrive/c/ant" \

--with-dmake-url="https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2";
 \

--with-epm-url="https://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/epm-3.7.tar.gz";
 \
    --disable-pch \
    --disable-atl \
    --disable-activex \
    --without-junit \
        --with-package-format="archive installed" \
    --with-jdk-home="/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Java/jdk1.7.0_79"