Am 20.03.2017 um 16:40 schrieb Damjan Jovanovic:
Our pre-existing UNO components use service names of the form
com.sun.star.*, for example:
com.sun.star.comp.sdbc.calc.ODriver
com.sun.star.comp.io.TextInputStream
com.sun.star.comp.Calc.SpreadsheetDocument

I am busy developing a new UNO component, a database driver for PostgreSQL.
Should I rather use a prefix such as org.apache.openoffice.* for it instead?

Is it OK to mixup the namespaces within a specific module / code area?
When you are sure that there won't be any side effects then it's maybe OK.

However, to support the consistency within the OpenOffice code I would favour the old way.

Marcus