On 10/18/2017 07:21 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Carl Marcum wrote:
If a PMC member cast a vote should it always be counted as binding
whether stated explicitly or not?

Yes, it should. People add "binding" as a shorthand to mean "I am from the PMC" since a release cannot be approved without reaching 3 votes from the PMC, and it must be easy to verify this requirement.

But once this requirement is satisfied, and assuming there aren't any -1 votes, adding "binding" or not really makes no difference, and I've omitted it at times. There is no such thing as "a non-binding vote from a PMC member". And even in the tally it is not really important to separate the two, provided one names 3 PMC members who voted +1 and points out that no -1 votes were cast.

Regards,
  Andrea.
Thanks for the clarification Andrea.