Dave Fisher wrote:
BTW - Damjanā€™s changes are javadoc related and absolutely needed on modern Macs
where getting JDK7 is not easy. We cannot be so conservative that we are afraid
of upgrades.

Yes we can. And not only we can, but we should (a personal opinion of course).

It must be clear to everybody that trunk is the only place where development is active. There it is important to try to support modern systems as much as we can. But not on 4.1.x.

4.1.x is frozen (and possibly even stopped). If we ever have to release something from 4.1.x again, we must strive to build it on the same VMs used for 4.1.4 and the same configuration; this is our best guarantee against regressions, and the proof is in the many 4.1.4-RCx.

Regards,
  Andrea.