>         > >
> >             > > > We have buildbots building 4.1.4 every week...
> > >
> > >         > > In my opinion that is a waste of electric power and computing
> > > resources
> >
> >     >     Well, it is important for the release process, but 4.1.4 is out
> > now...

Exactly my point.

If the idea is to test changes in the build environment with a known good
source, it should be enough to run when/if the build environment is modified...

If this can not be controlled/detected then maybe create a env_test folder (and
create the respective src, win, linux32 and linux64 folders inside it)

> We are building trunk daily/nightly and branch (4.1.4) on a weekly base.
>     That could be easily switched to 4.1.5 although the naming of the bots
>     wouldn't change. I could try to get more generic names for them in the
>     future.

Maybe rename the folders from Snapshot to Development? Both are
daily/nightly/weekly builds except one is from Trunk and the other should be
from the Development branch. E.g. win_trunk and win_dev ?