Remember we also have the 4.1.5 branch, which is a lower risk solution to some 4.1.4 regressions.

I think it is time to decide whether to release it, and if so, what the timing should be relative to the start of the 4.2 beta test. There is something to be said for a single announcement so that we can explain the relationship.