Am Freitag, den 01.12.2017, 18:17 +0100 schrieb Marcus:
> Am 01.12.2017 um 18:09 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
> > For me the existance is not a strong argument. The bug is with 149
> > votes
> > quite popular. The discussion there is a repeatance that this is
> > basic
> > feature.
>
> but we don't know from when the votes are. Or is there a possiblity
> see in Bugzilla? The issue report is old as we can see on the ID.
> The
> extension could have been created after all or the most votes were
> done.
Since you can not renew your vote have to assume the vote goes to
provide a feature. It is difficult to dstinguish. However it is a
strongly requested feature that we can read from it.

The best way imho is to let the users vote. How about follwing flow:
1) check if we can include the extention by license or find an
agreement with the maintainers.
2) Put a call to Vote if the package should be included or not on the
Forums, as sticky.
3) advertise the vote and have a discussion with the community.
(Announcement, Youtube, Googleplus, facebook, user mailing list
4) After a month we gather the results and follow the desicion.

To be clear, I am not favoured for or against inclusion of an
extention. But for me it is crucial that people can see a concept
behind our decisions.

We said we would like to give our users a voice. Wouldn't it be
appropriate to give them exactly this voice? This is a clear concept to
me.

[...]
> So what is basic and what is not? If we do not integrate this
> > extention
> > into Open Office then we need to explain this.
>
> Maybe because we have an *Office* Suite and not a *Mathematical*
> Suite?
> ;-) Seriously, I see  this as special mathematical featute and not a
> basic feature for a software suite that contains also a word
> processor,
> drawing, a presentation application and also database.
calc is the mathematical processor in our suite.
Which sense does it make if declare math as advanced? ;)
> > clear
> > out any impression that there are 2 class developers.
> > Imho we must try to incorperate extention developers closer to the
> > core
> > team. If we want new people, there is the source of volunteers.
>
> OK, this is a very good point that we can follow. Maybe we can
> indeed
> get some people that are willing to stay longer and to help us with
> the
> core application.
Yay! :-D
More opinions please!