Am 02.12.2017 um 11:22 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
Am Freitag, den 01.12.2017, 18:17 +0100 schrieb Marcus:
Am 01.12.2017 um 18:09 schrieb Peter Kovacs:
For me the existance is not a strong argument. The bug is with 149
votes
quite popular. The discussion there is a repeatance that this is
basic
feature.

but we don't know from when the votes are. Or is there a possiblity
see in Bugzilla? The issue report is old as we can see on the ID.
The
extension could have been created after all or the most votes were
done.
Since you can not renew your vote have to assume the vote goes to
provide a feature. It is difficult to dstinguish. However it is a
strongly requested feature that we can read from it.

The best way imho is to let the users vote. How about follwing flow:
1) check if we can include the extention by license or find an
agreement with the maintainers.
2) Put a call to Vote if the package should be included or not on the
Forums, as sticky.
3) advertise the vote and have a discussion with the community.
(Announcement, Youtube, Googleplus, facebook, user mailing list
4) After a month we gather the results and follow the desicion.

To be clear, I am not favoured for or against inclusion of an
extention. But for me it is crucial that people can see a concept
behind our decisions.

We said we would like to give our users a voice. Wouldn't it be
appropriate to give them exactly this voice? This is a clear concept to
me.

maybe.

Sorry when this sounds too negative but thats my opinion. I think at the moment we should spend our time for more important features and processes than this special thing.

Marcus