On 12/3/2017 4:14 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> Such as, for example?
>> for starters:
>>    o zip 3.0.
>>    o GIO
>
> OK, I now get it. You ran into issues when you tried to build *trunk* on
> CentOS 5, not when you built 4.1.4 on CentOS 5. I had read your sentence
> above as "We should deprecate CentOS 5 since I found lots of issues
> [when building 4.1.4]".
>
>> Isn't that exactly what I'm doing???
>
> Yes, we are on the same page:
>
> - The CentOS 5 guide works well and smoothly for 4.1.x
>
> - The CentOS 5 guide does not work any longer for trunk (for the reasons
> Damjan detailed), but this is irrelevant as we'll update to CentOS 6
> anyway.
>
> Regards,
>   Andrea.
That begs the Question should we add a section to the overall build
guide for CentOS6? If yes I can add the section as a clone of the
CentOS5 Guide with all the proper warnings and notes about it needing
updating for the CentOS6 specifics.

Also will the top level build guide at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO need
updating?