On 12/03/2017 12:30 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
On Dec 3, 2017, at 1:31 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

Keith N. McKenna wrote:
That begs the Question should we add a section to the overall build
guide for CentOS6? If yes I can add the section as a clone of the
CentOS5 Guide with all the proper warnings and notes about it needing
updating for the CentOS6 specifics.
No, this wouldn't be helpful since the CentOS 6 guide should be almost
completely different from the CentOS 5 one (that section is meant to only
contain the distribution-specific details, and they differ significantly
between major versions of the same distribution). So this is best done by
someone who actually did build on CentOS 6.

Actually, as someone who has built on both, the instructions are
pretty much mirrors. In fact, a simple s/5/6/p almost does it :)

Ditto for me. I've been building on CentOS6 (32 bit) for at least a year and really no major issues. I've never built on CentOS 5 so I can't say what the differences might be.

My plan is to edit
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step>
and make the CentOS5 section AOO 4.1.x specific and, similar to what
I did with the macOS guide, create a new CentOS6 section for 4.2.x and
later.

MzK

"Don't you know that it's worth
 every treasure on earth