I am confused. There was no proper " I do not want to candidate anymore mail."
But maybe my English is not good enough.

A one candidate vote is something completely different as between 2+
candidates. Such a step should be well thought of if this is really the right
step.

Also I would like to know how do you count votes for Carl if he has resigned,
which I doubt.

Not so happy
peter