May I throw n a guess: There is something called UserDefinedProperties or similar to that (I don't have an English version of OpenOffice at hand). You can reach it in the GUI via File->Poperties->User Defined Properties (or similar). In the IDL reference there is an Interface com::sun::star::document::XDocumentProperties with the Method "getUserDefinedProperties".

Maybe this is what is meant?

Regards
Christoph Jopp