On 08/03/2018 Marcus wrote:
However, for me "Beta" sounds like from the 1990s. Maybe we can find another term and try to be a bit more modern with "Preview Release", "Early Access" or something else.

I'm not much interested in how outdated the name "Beta" looks, but it looks wrong. Technically, this would be more an Alpha than a Beta as features are still unstable and actively developed. For example, translations have not landed yet and they would be expected to be in a Beta.

when I think of signing it is indeed far away from feature complete. So, it indeed won't be in the phase of a beta but 1-2 stage before.

Here at Apache I don't remember that we had done a beta release.

We made a beta release for 4.1: https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/seeking_beta_testers_for_apache

Ah, OK

Marcus