Am 08.03.2018 um 22:58 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 22:53:04 +0100
Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de> wrote:

Am 06.03.2018 um 18:11 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
Is it time to start thinking of an 'official' beta release for 4.2.0? We
won't get much traction and feedback on the codebase until we
get more people using and testing it, which is one goal of a
beta in any case.

Will the gstreamer-1.0 updates be in 4.2.0?  It would be good if they were, as
Impress at present is nearly not worth having for any presentation other than
text screens.

IMHO we haven't seen a call for feature freeze. Therefore it's still possible to add this.

However, at the end it depends on the release manager what to add in this phase.

Marcus

right.

However, for me "Beta" sounds like from the 1990s. Maybe we can find
another term and try to be a bit more modern with "Preview Release",
"Early Access" or something else.

What do you mean?

Sorry for not being more helpful at the moment. But this was the first
thing I stumbled upon when thinking about a beta release. ;-)

Having never done a Beta for AOO I'm not sure of the process,
but assuming it is similar to RM for the RCs, I'm game to help
push this along.

Here at Apache I don't remember that we had done a beta release. So, the
last one is much longer ago. I think let's define and do the process
like we need it.

Marcus