I think we all know AOO can't stand frozen in time with respect to what
platforms, libraries etc it will work with in the future, maybe even the
very near future. This is not uncommon by any means and AOO has made
minimum OS requirement changes for some platforms on a regular basis. In
some cases, these changes were not known to the user community, especially,
until release time, and this has caused issues in the past.

Some development changes are in progress that seem to be different than our
stated "System Requirements" for the 4.1.x series:

https://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/sys_reqs_aoo41.html

Would it be beneficial to discuss system changes for the 4.2.x series? This
might be helpful to those who have traditionally been involved with AOO
either as a user, or developer.

And, if such changes could be agreed upon, I think it would be very
beneficial to document these in  a new "Proposed System Requirements for
4.2.x" page that could get widespread viewing by all.

MzK

"Ring out the false, ring in the true."
 -- poem "In Memoriam", Alfred Lord Tennyson