On 25.03.2018 21:28, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
On 3/25/2018 10:44 AM, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
Somewhat related ...

I have been considering the use of APR pools:

http://www.apachetutor.org/dev/pools

It would be great to have the memory managed by the same technology used in Apache httpd.

I need to think about this. It seems very appropriate for transaction processing. I am not so sure it is a good fit for AOO.
Maybe in part. It could be a good thing to force extentions / macros into a pool concept. If the Extention / Macro ends functioning it gets cleaned up, and we are sure that it is cleaned up completly.
Just as an Idea.