Am 10.04.2018 um 14:54 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
We have still not yet made any strategic determination... We have
a possible scenario where gstreamer can be built regardless of
what version the build system has in place, but, afaict, that has
not yet been folded in.

My suggestion would be that that gets committed ASAP so we
can test it. We then svn copy trunk to a AOO420 branch and
start focusing on getting a 4.2.0 GA release out.

thanks for the reminder.

I also think it's time to start with splitting from the continued developement and make a branch for 4.2.0.

The advantage is that we can start to create a stable code base - at the moment at least for building, later on also for the code quality.

The disadvantage is that we then need to deal with merging code snippets to trunk *and* 420_branch. But also at a later time this has to be done anyway - so not really a disadvantage.

Marcus