29.05.2018, 21:30, "Jim Jagielski" <j...@jagunet.com>:
> I think the hope is to continue using CentOS5 for our official AOO community
> builds. If not, then this becomes much easier, but it is, IMO, a major policy
> decision to do that. recall that gstreamer-1.x is incompatible w/ CentOS5.
>
> I have no idea how to do #2 but #1 looks like simple brute force. Certainly
> not elegant but if that's what it takes to get past this holding pattern,
> then that's what we have to do.

Some packages provides builds both for old and new systems.
E.g. here ( https://www.onlyoffice.com/en/download-desktop.aspx ) presented
packages both for old Debian and Ubuntu (Debian 7, Ubuntu 12.04 ) and their new
releases (Debian 8, Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 ).

Could it be a solution to prepare separate packages?