Am 09.01.19 um 16:12 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
Let me go into more detail here :)

So my plan is to create a 42X branch off of trunk once trunk builds. This
branch will now be the development branch for the 4.2.x releases, at which
point trunk will be the future development tree (and all gbuild related
reversions required for the 4.2.x branch will be re-applied). So the process
will be development on trunk w/ back ports to 42X. 4.2.0, 4.2.1, et.al.
releases will be branched and tagged from the 42X branch.

Sound OK?

seems so. When I understood this correct, then the following graphical explaination should support this. So, let me try:

Trunk

|---> New branch for 4.2.0
|     |
|     |---> New branch for 4.2.1