> On Nov 5, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Don Lewis <truck...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On  5 Nov, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>>
>>> 4.1.x.
>>
>> To my knowledge we build 4.2.x on CentOS 7.

Yep.

> It builds and works fine on CentOS 6 as well.

The issue is gstreamer1, as well as other dependencies... as noted at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO/Step_by_step
and earlier in this thread.

That's why we've switched to CentOS7 as our canon build server for AOO 4.2.x
and later (we could also switch to Ubuntu 14.04 but it was deemed prudent to
stay w/ RHEL-like). Even so, we can build on CentOS7 and still run on CentOS6.

>> 4.1.x is still built on CentOS 5.

Yep.

The question isn't so much what versions we support but rather what we
use/specify as our canon builds. Could we create our community builds on a
CentOS6 server? Sure, but we'd need to disable gstreamer totally. There was
some discussion about making it a runtime dependency instead of a build one,
but afaik no work has been done in that regards.