On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 12:13:26 +0000 (WET)
Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org> wrote:

> Hi Rory
>
> Thank you for the quick answer and details (I just saw a similar issue
> answered by you on the forum).
>
> I don't use sound on this desktop so it could be missing and I wouldn't
> notice it :)

I use sound sometimes from VLC media player for testing of a copy video DVD,
and sometimes to play a clip from TV (bbc.co.uk) to catch up on a news item;
these are handled by Xubuntu.  I don't play media from Impress presentations -
waitiong until we get the gstreamer 1.0 properly integrated into Impress - any
media (rarely used) in one of my Impress presentations (a video clip) I set up
to be handled by the system media player or VLC - clunky, but it works.

The gailwindow problem seems to only concern OpenOffice and to have no obvious
effect bad effect.

I have a test machine running Xubuntu 20.04, on which I'll try any test 4.2.0
or 4.5.0

Rory

Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>